Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Branson Trip

My beautiful Girls on our Branson trip this past spring. We had a wondeful time and Eli stayed with his mawmaw (she's in her 80s), so the trip got cut short because he was such a fat baby when he was born that she could barely lift him to change his daiper...She needed us home :) , but what can I say, it was her idea to watch him. We went back again during the summer for school clothes, but it must not have been our destiny to shop in Branson because that trip was cut short as well. \

Being a stay-at-home mom has many advantages, but one of the disadvantages in being broke! With a new baby and driving a small compact car we seriously needed a larger vehicle, so we bought a used minivan. On our 2nd try at shopping in Branson, Tony, kept Eli. My mother-in-law, mawmaw, the girls, and myself headed out to Branson. Just as we entered the main drag the minivan died...and I mean DEAD!!!! We were in the turning lane of a VERY busy street, windows wouldn't roll down, and it was at least 100 degrees outside, so it was instantly about 200 degrees inside the van. We called a wrecker, and my father-in-law as we were stranded in the middle of the road. Long story short, by the time my father-in-law arrived and I payed the wrecker bill most of our day was gone along with most of my money! We did a little shopping anyway since we were already there. I think we made it to two stores and mawmaw was tired and ready to go home (remember she's 80ish).

Lessons learned:
1. Next time I go to Branson I am going ALONE
2. Take a dependable vehicle

Some may say that I should give up on Branson, but I'm too stubborn for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment